If you want to build a ship, don’tdrum up the men to gather wood,divide the work and give orders.
Instead, teach them to yearn forthe vast and endless sea.
— Antoine de Saint–Exupéry
Regular readers of my blog1 may have noticed that there is no real colophon on this site. There is this small “About” box on the left side but, well, it’s not much about me. One reason for this is, that my daily occupation is about to change. Or in other words: I’m for hire!
Until now, my job was about designing integrated circuits for a company that makes ultra-low-power, ultra-miniature DSP based systems for portable applications. But I discovered that designing chips is not the prefect job for me. I know lots of ingenious people that create wonderful electronic circuitry and DSP systems but I never used to be one of them.
Of being an ENFP
As an ENFP, I’m doing fairly well on solving problems of any kind, be it technological or personal problems. I love to participate in meaningful meetings where people are concerned with what could be instead of what has been. I love to understand the implications of a choice and tend to have a look at the big picture. Working on strategies and visions appeals to me and I also have good people skills.2
Because of my strong interest in all kinds of technology, I’m more inclined to other people’s tech problems. The trickier, the better:3)
The bottom line of this finding is, that I am looking for a position where I can bring in my knowledge and my strengths. That is:
- Background in Engineering
- Vast experience in IT4
- Document Management
- Workflow Management
- Project Management
- XML, DocBook, WebServices, …
- Programming (Python, PHP, C/C++, JScript, VB, Perl, … )
- Web Design (XHTML/CSS, … )
Working experience in the following areas
- GSM & Telecommunications
- Embedded Systems programming
- Client/Server Architectures
I am proficient in written and spoken in the following languages:
- German (Mother tongue)
- working logically and rationally
- seeing unique ways of solving problems
- being a “team player” and working with all kinds of people
- applying various experiences and skills to new fields of interest
- being extremely intuitive and perceptive about people
- being natural leaders and getting other people excited about ideas
- being easy to work with, accommodating, and flexible in almost every endeavour
I am looking for positions that provide a working environment where I can apply my skills. Job descriptions that contain the words Consultant, Project Manager, Product Manager, Field Application Engineer, Catalyst, Technology and so forth are very likely to fit my skills.
So, if anyone knows of a decent employer seeking for a guy like me, I’d be happy to hear of it via cv[at]mycvs.org.5 I will provide details on my CV and more upon request only.