Creative Generalist – What specifically do Generalists do· Updated: · 2 min read
I stopped counting the number of new blogs I added (and removed) to my Feedreader throughout the past years. It’s been quite a few but as you may guess, many of them were just not worth being kept (As it is probably the case with my own.) But every now and then, I stumble accross one blog that stands out and captivates me. [Creative Generalist] by Steve Hardy seems to be one of these. It covers the topic of (creative) generalism, as opposed to the ever more prvalent specialisation of all sorts. From the few post I read since I discovered the blog, the one titled “[What specifically do Generalists do]” fascinated me most – I guess mainly because I’m sort of a (creative) generalist as well. In it, Steve identifies a number of areas where he thinks Creative Generalists excel most:
- Wander & Wonder - finding possibility
- Synthesize & Summarize - presenting information
- Link & Leap - generating ideas
- Mix & Match - connecting people
- Experience & Empathize - understanding worldview If I look back what I’ve done so far in my career and [what I thought I can do best], then I think a [Creative Generalist] quite perfectly fits the [ENFP]-type of Personality. And from this point of view, [Steve] helped me to precise quite a bit my understanding of what I can and want to do best in both my professional and personal life. Which seems to be a good reason to keep his blog on my blogroll. : : http://creativegeneralist.blogspot.com/2008/02/what-specifically-do-generalists-do.html : /2004/08/16/problem-solver-for-hire/ : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENFP
No comments. Be the first to add one!
Add a comment.